1. President Hotel (http://president.gr). Departure at 07:45 am sharp on the first day (11/10) and at 8:00 am sharp on the other two days (12/10 and 13/10) of the conference.
2. Opposite Athinais Hotel (http://www.athinaishotel.gr/) at Vasilissis Sofias Avenue. Departure at 07:45 am sharp on the first day (11/10) and at 8:00 am sharp on the other two days (12/10 and 13/10) of the conference.
The second meeting point also applies for those participants that will be staying at AIROTEL Alexandros Hotel (http://www.airotel.gr/en/Alexandros-Hotel-791.htm) as it is 30 meters away from Athinais Hotel.
In addition, the second meeting point is suggested for those participants that will be staying in any other hotel recommended on the conference website (http://liee.ntua.gr/globelics2017/index.php/accommodation/):
- AIROTEL Stratos Vassilikos (300 meters away, 5 minutes walking time)
- Best Western Ilisia (1.1 kms away, 15 minutes walking time)
- The Golden Age of Athens (700 meters away, 10 minutes walking time)
- Crowne Plaza (850 meters away, 12 minutes walking time)
- Divani Caravel (1.6 kms away, 21 minutes walking time)
How to reach the Conference venue on your own
Here you can find some guidelines on how to reach the Conference Venue from your hotel or the city center using public transportation.
By metro train and bus
• Take the Blue Line (line 3) of Athens Metro and get off at “Nomismatokopio Station”
• Head towards the exit “Kondilaki”
• In the bus station located at the exit take the bus line Β5 or 407 (buses run approximately every 20 minutes)
• Get off at the 4th Ag. Paraskevis (Demokritos) bus stop which is 50 m away from the gate of Demokritos
When you reach the gate please inform the security control staff that you are a Globelics 2017 delegate.
There is a 90-min ticket for all public transport means with the price of 1.40€.
There is also a reduced ticket for 0.60€.
Reduced ticket can be used by:
• Seniors over the age of 65 (regardless of nationality) after showing their passport or ID card.
• Students who study at universities outside Greece up to the age of 24 (including those aged 24, regardless of nationality), after showing a Student Card – University ID card and passport or ID card.
You need to validate the paper ticket at the beginning of your journey. 90-minute tickets are valid for 90 minutes so you don’t need to validate it again if you use another mean of transportation anywhere in Athens within 90 minutes of the first validation.
For further information please do not hesitate to contact us.