Each parallel session normally includes three papers and lasts 90 minutes. Time allowing, the
paper presenters should highlight one or two issues from the other papers presented in the
session of particular relevance to their own work. A discussant will subsequently comment on all
papers presented in the session. The discussion then continues in plenary.
The standard time schedule looks like this:
• Introduction = 5 minutes
• First paper presentation by the author = 15 minutes
• Second paper presentation by the author = 15 minutes
• Third paper presentation by the author = 15 minutes
• Discussant of all three papers = 15 minutes
• General discussion and replies from the authors = approximately 25 minutes.
Projectors will be available for PowerPoint presentations. We recommend that presenters bring
their presentation on a USB memory device BOTH in Power Point and pdf format.
Please have in mind the following basic rules when you are making your presentation:
• Please arrive in the appropriate room five minutes BEFORE the beginning of the session and
upload your presentation onto the computer provided. Solicit advice through student
assistants if experiencing trouble.
• Introduce yourself to the chair and other presenters.
• During your presentation the session chair will pass you three cards indicating that your
time to speak is coming to an end. The first card indicates five minutes of presentation time
remaining, the second card two minutes presentation time remaining and a third RED card
indicates that you must stop your presentation.