Faculty members and PhD students from low and middle income countries (developing countries), using the World Bank classification, can apply for travel support. Travel support is given either as reimbursement or as a Prepaid Ticket Advice (PTA). Application for travel support must be submitted at the same time as submission of paper.
The deadline for application for travel support is 30 April 2017. Response to applicants is given by 14 June 2017.
Applicants must make sure to fill out the Travel Support submission through their ConfTool user account AND the Travel Support Application form (available for download at the bottom of this page in the mentioned limited periods).
Eligible to apply for travel support from the Globelics Secretariat to attend the conference are scholars from developing countries with accepted papers to the Globelics Conference.
If you are considering applying, please note that:
- You can only apply within limited period of time.
- Your paper must have been accepted.
- If your paper is with a co-author we can only give travel support to the presenting author.
- We do not support applicants residing in the country where the conference is located.
- We do not support employees from Ministries and other government agencies (e.g. development banks).
- We can only support airplane tickets (thus not hotel, taxi, visa costs, food etc.). Please note: We only support low fare/economy class tickets.
- The Globelics Secretariat can only provide travel support in terms of reimbursement of travel costs AFTER the conference or through Prepaid Ticket Advice.
- We need original tickets and receipts AFTER the conference.
History shows that the number of applicants is proportionally larger than our resources to travel support so please try to look for other sources of finance that can fully or partly finance your travel. We expect to receive many applications and since our funds for travel support is limited, applicants should not expect a 100 % funding.
If you are eligible for – and wish to apply for travel support please read the application procedure described below.
- Before you start the online application process, please estimate your expected travel costs (i.e. the amount you apply for). We suggest that you contact a travel agency to get a ticket price (please use EUR as currency). Please try to find cheap flights and consider that the price goes up when you come closer to your departure date. W will assess the reasonability of estimated costs.
- Once we have received your application it will be processed and we will inform you whether or not we can support you. If we choose to support your application you will receive an email with instructions about the travel support procedure in due time.
- If you receive travel support you are obliged to participate in a post conference internet based survey conducted by the Globelics Secretariat. The purpose of the survey is to collect information in order to evaluate and improve the activities of the Globelics community.