Marios Karmellos holds a Diploma in Chemical Engineering from the National Technical University of Athens (2012) and an M.Sc. in Sustainable Energy Systems from the University of Edinburgh (2013). Currently, he is a Ph.D. Candidate in the field of optimal design of energy systems and his thesis is entitled: “Multi-Objective Optimization of Distributed Energy Systems with focus on Robust Solutions”.
- Karmellos M, Georgiou PN, Mavrotas G. A comparison of methods for the optimal design of Distributed Energy Systems under uncertainty. Energy 2019;178:318–33. doi:10.1016/j.energy.2019.04.153.
- Karmellos M, Mavrotas G. Multi-objective optimization and comparison framework for the design of Distributed Energy Systems. Energy Convers Manag 2019;180:473–95. doi:10.1016/j.enconman.2018.10.083.
- Karmellos M, Kopidou D, Diakoulaki D. A decomposition analysis of the driving factors of CO2 (Carbon dioxide) emissions from the power sector in the European Union countries. Energy 2016;94:680–92. doi:10.1016/j.energy.2015.10.145.
- Karmellos M, Kiprakis A, Mavrotas G. A multi-objective approach for optimal prioritization of energy efficiency measures in buildings: Model, software and case studies. Appl Energy 2015;139:131–50. doi:10.1016/j.apenergy.2014.11.023.
- Karmellos M., Mavrotas G., Design of distributed energy systems using multi-objective mathematical programming, 11th Panhellenic Scientific Conference in Chemical Engineering, Thessaloniki, Greece, May 25-27, 2017
- Karmellos M., Mirasgedis S., Tourkolias C., Kopidou D., Diakoulaki D., Energy performance and socioeconomic return of the programme “Energy Saving at Home” in Greece, 5th International Conference on Renewable Energy Sources and Energy Efficiency – New Challenges, Nicosia, Cyprus, May 5-6, 2016
- Karmellos M., Mavrotas G., A model and software tool for the optimal selection of energy efficiency measures in buildings, 2nd International Conference on “Energy, Sustainability and Climate Change”ESCC 2015, Crete, Greece, June 21-27, 2015
- Panagopoulou G., Karmellos M., Diakoulaki D., “Decomposition Analysis of the Driving factors of CO2 Emissions from the Electricity Sector in the European Union,” in 9th Hellenic Conference of Chemical Engineering, Athens, 23-25 May 2013