LIEE/NTUA successfully participated in the 30th Annual Conference of EAEPE (European Association for Evolutionary Political Economy) that was held in Nice, France, from 06 to 08 of September 2018 at ISEM Institute (School of Economics and Business), at the University of Nice Sophia Antipolis. The general theme of this year’s EAEPE Conference was: “Evolutionary foundations at a crossroad: Assessments, outcomes and implications for policy makers“.
The senior researchers Aimilia Protogerou and Ioanna Kastelli, the post-doc researcher Panagiotis Panagiotopoulos and the PhD Candidate George Siokas participated with paper presentations (co-authors: Professors Yannis Caloghirou and Aggelos Tsakanikas, and the LIEE collaborators Glykeria Karagouni and Alexandra Kontolaimou) as well as with a discussant and/or chairman role in the following four Sessions of two different Research Areas (E1. Industrial Policy and Development, E2. Entrepreneurship and Theory of the Firm):
Research Area E2: ENTREPRENEURSHIP AND THEORY OF THE FIRM (1)
Chair and Discussant: Aimilia Protogerou
- Anastasia Constantelou, Nikolaos Konstantopoulos: Counter fighting the effects of economic downturns: Exploring the dynamic organisational capabilities of Greek firms during the economic crisis.
- Glykeria Karagouni, Aimilia Protogerou: Dynamic capabilities and entrepreneurial management in a seventh-generation family-business: the case of succession in Loulis Mills
- Caroline Granier, Valérie Revest, Alessandro Sapio: Growth performance of SMEs: a comparison between listed and non-listed companies in Europe
Research Area E2: ENTREPRENEURSHIP AND THEORY OF THE FIRM (2)
Chair and Discussant: Anastasia Constantelou
- Aimilia Protogerou, Alexandra Kontolaimou, Yannis Caloghirou: Entrepreneurship in the Creative Industries: Evidence from Young Firms in Greece
- Matti Ylonen: Understanding corporate tax avoidance and corporate power: What can we learn from early evolutionary economists?
- Panagiotis Panagiotopoulos, Aimilia Protogerou, Yannis Caloghirou, George Siokas: The evolution of the organisational ICT resources, dynamic and operational capabilities of the Greek municipalities in the period 2011-2017: Analyzing the data of two large successive surveys
Research Area E1: INDUSTRIAL POLICY AND DEVELOPMENT (1)
Chair: Ioanna Kastelli
Discussants: Ioanna Kastelli, Carlo Pietrobelli
- Edilaine Venancio, André Tosi Furtado: Brazilian Innovation Policy for wind energy technology: were there coherence and consistence?
- Guendalina Anzolin: Pattern of Natural Resources Diversification: An Industrial Policy Evaluation Towards the Iron-Ore Value Chain in Brazil
- Amir Lebdioui: The Role of the State in promoting diversification through linkage development in natural resource-rich economies
- Piotr Kopycinski: Embeddedness and evolution of processes implemented by the Business Process Outsourcing sector: dimensions, actors, functions
Research Area E1: INDUSTRIAL POLICY AND DEVELOPMENT (2)
Chair: Wilfred Dolfsma
Discussants: Wilfred Dolfsma, Andrea Califano
- Francesco Macheda: Iceland: Is this Time Different? Speculation Led vs. Innovation Led-Growth
- Ioanna Kastelli, Aggelos Tsakanikas, George Siokas: How absorptive capacity enables new entrepreneurial ventures of high added value? (pdf)
- Lukasz Mamica: The role of universities in growth of Global Business Services
- Petra Bleuel: The Mittelstand and the “German Model”, to what extent both can be a source of inspiration for the case of French SMEs?